SERVICE & WARRANTY
- Our main objective is to deliver high quality items in great condition and exceed your expectations. If by any chance you receive an item with a manufacturing defect or damaged during the delivery, you must inform our Customer Service team on the same day this item was delivered to you. We will arrange the return and repair, replacement or refund, in accordance with the manufacturer/supplier’s instructions. Any defective item shall be brought by the Customer to Galeries Lafayette in Doha, Qatar.
- For cash on delivery (COD) purchases the refund for such damaged items can be only processed in our Galeries Lafayette Doha store.
- The Customer shall be informed regarding the warranty that covers the purchased items and its limitations.
- The warranty is confined to the first purchaser of the product only and is not transferable. The warranty is valid only if the Customer provides the original invoice for the product.
- Each product shall be covered by its manufacturer’s warranty, under the terms and conditions further detailed within its warranty literature. Since the conditions differ from a product to another, kindly request assistance from Galeries Lafayette Customer Service regarding any necessary clarifications.
- Repairs under warranty period shall be carried out by Galeries Lafayette authorized personnel only or in accordance with Galeries Lafayette instructions. Defective products shall be brought in by the Customer to Galeries Lafayette premises or shall be taken to the authorized repair center instructed by Galeries Lafayette.
- Unless the product bought falls under free delivery exceptions, the Customer shall be in charge of arranging the delivery to the Galeries Lafayette premises or to the authorized repair center, as well as of the costs related to the delivery service.
- When only cleaning of the unit / parts in the unit due to dust gathering on portions of the unit, general explanations / returning, particular software not being read / installed, are not to be construed as defects. Galeries Lafayette does not undertake responsibility on the quality of software being used by Customer or provided by the manufacturer of the items.
- In the event of repairs of any part/s of the unit, the warranty will thereafter continue and remain in force only for the unexpired period of the warranty. The time taken for repair and in transit whether under the warranty or otherwise shall not be excluded from the warranty period.
- In case of any damage to the product / misuse detected by the authorized service center personnel, the warranty conditions are not applicable, and repairs will be done subject to availability of parts and on chargeable basis only.
- In the event of any unforeseen circumstance, and spares not being available, the Galeries Lafayette prevailing depreciation rules will be binding on the purchaser to accept as a commercial solution in lieu of repairs.
THIS WARRANTY IS NOT APPLICABLE IN ANY OF THE FOLLOWING CASES
- The product is not purchased from https://www.galerieslafayette.qa/shop/.
- The product purchased is not used according to instructions given in the INSTRUCTION MANUAL, as determined by the authorized service center / company personnel.
- Defects caused by improper use, as determined by the authorized service center / Galeries Lafayette’s personnel.
- Warranty shall be void if product has failed under certain conditions/types (example: waterlogging, misuse etc.)
- Modification or alterations of any nature made to the product by the Customer or unauthorized personnel, as determined by Galeries Lafayette’s personnel.
- Location for storing or use of product does not conform with the recommended operating conditions of the item.
- The original serial number is removed, obliterated or altered from the product.
- Defects due to causes beyond reasonable control of Galeries Lafayette’s including but not limited to lightning, abnormal voltage, earthquake, flood, war, civil insurrection, etc or while in transit to service center or to the Customer’s delivery address.
- Defects caused by household pets, rats, cockroaches or any other animals or insects.
- Under no circumstance Galeries Lafayette is liable for loss directly or indirectly for any of the following:
- Third party claims against customer for losses or damages.
- Loss or damages to records, information or data.
- Economic consequential damages including loss of profits.
- Customer is advised to take back up for hard disk contents before handing over the unit for repair. Galeries Lafayette shall not provide hard disk backup service.
- In case of repair, hard disk contents may be destroyed, and Customer will not be informed in advance. Galeries Lafayette shall not be liable for any data, records or program lost due to repair.
- Warranty does not cover any third-party software, settings, content, data or links, whether included / downloaded in product.
- Warranty does not cover normal wear and tear (including, without limitation, wear and tear of camera lenses, batteries, displays, paint, aesthetics, etc).
- Warranty does not cover defects or alleged defects caused by the fact that the product was used with, or connected to, a product, accessories, software and/or service not manufactured or supplied by the item’s manufacturer or Galeries Lafayette or was used otherwise than for its intended purpose. Defects caused by viruses or third-party intervention are never covered under the warranty.
- Warranty never covers defects caused if the battery was short-circuited or by the fact that the seals of the battery enclosure or the cells are broken or show evidence of tampering or by the fact that the battery has been used in equipment other than those for which it has been specified.
If you wish to cancel your order after it has been confirmed and processed, please contact our Customer Service team within 48 hours.
All items purchased online at Galeries Lafayette Doha website https://www.galerieslafayette.qa can be returned within one (1) month from the date of purchase with purchase receipt and provided that the returned items are in resalable condition having original tags still on and in original product packaging. Returned items must have no visible signs of wear or use. Discounted items can be returned with same conditions, but only within three (3) days from the date of purchase.
Accessories, handbags & footwear may be returned in the original branded boxes and dust bags (whenever provided by the designer/brand) and placed inside the Galeries Lafayette original packaging boxes.
We advise you to try on footwear on carpeted areas or surfaces that don’t cause marks, scratches and stains. The brand boxes must also be protected from damages.
If an item is shipped with a security tag the customer is advised to contact immediately the Galeries Lafayette Customer Service team to arrange the return of the item or removal of the security tag at our Click & Collect department in the store. In both cases the customer must provide us with his photo ID and copy of order confirmation e – mail as well as original invoice.
Cosmetics and Beauty products must only be returned unopened and unused in their original sealed packaging. If you receive such items in damaged packaging you should inform immediately our customer service.
Lingerie returns are not accepted unless they have factory defects for which further evaluation will be conducted by the customer service representative prior to the return of such items is finally approved.
Swimwear returns are only accepted if the hygiene seals were not removed and they are placed in their original boxes wherever applicable.
Hosiery items can only be returned within 7 days from the date of purchase completely unworn, unused and in their original sealed packaging.
Face masks with sealed packaging can only be returned unopened and in the same undamaged packaging condition they were delivered, some Face Masks brands are non-returnable.
Jewelry items must be in the same condition they have been shipped, with the original packaging undamaged and attached tags and certificates where applicable.
We strongly advise you to take special care when trying on your purchased items and return them in the very same condition you received them. In case the returned items do not meet our return policy standards they will not be accepted and shall be returned to the customers at an additional delivery fee. Such items can also be collected by the customer at our click & collect department in Galeries Lafayette Doha store, free of charge.
If you purchased items with additional services such as gift packaging, tailoring or any other offered customization please check our return policy for “Customized Items”.
If any of your purchases arrive without Galeries Lafayette branded packaging, Galeries Lafayette tags, delivery notes or other original documents please call our customer service immediately.
Returns are accepted only for items that have been purchased online from our Galeries Lafayette Doha’s website.
You can start your return by logging into your account and head to “Returns & Refunds”, or if you have checked out as a guest please contact the Galeries Lafayette Customer Service team to arrange the return of the item or fill the return form by clicking on the following link Ask for a refund.
If an item was purchased in Doha but the customer decides to return it while abroad, we requested you to contact our Customer Services by email only. All costs involved must be borne by the customer.
We are delighted to offer a Free Return Pick Up service to all our customers for all purchases that are over 1000 QR and meet our Return Policy standards.
Free Return Pick Up
- Your returned item must arrive in our warehouse no later than 25 days from the original delivery date.
- To start your free return you shall go to “Orders & Refunds” if you have a Galeries Lafayette Doha account and contact our Costumer Services to assist you with your return if you have made your purchase as a guest or fill the return form by clicking on the following link Ask for a refund.
- Click on “Return by Courier” and select the item (s) to return.
- Confirm your pick up address and a convenient pick up time. In case the return pickup address is different from the original delivery address additional fees may apply.
Drop – off Return
We are pleased to offer you the flexibility to return your online order at our Galeries Lafayette store in Katara Cultural Village, 21 high St. Doha, within 25 days from the original delivery date.
You may drop – off your purchased items at our Click & Collect department.
For all return options we require our customers to have all their returns packed according to our return policy standards with all the necessary documents included in the packaging.
Place all returned items in their original Galeries Lafayette boxes/bags with all the branded packaging, tags and certificates wherever applicable. Leave the box open so the courier can easily check the contents.
Attach the original return approval note, and any other required documents that are listed in your return approval e-mail.
Free Pick-up return option are only available for domestic returns.
In case the customer decides to return an item while abroad all the expenses must be borne by the customer and the return will only be approved if in compliance with our “Return Policy” and standards. To return an item from abroad please contact our Customer Service team by email only.
We offer our customers extended return periods during holidays or other unforeseen circumstances such as lockdowns and business operating restrictions due to pandemics (e.g. COVID19). However, the refund for your return can only start when your item(s) have been received, checked and approved by our customer service team.
When a returned item has been received, checked and approved by us or our partners, your refund will be completed through the original method of payment excluding shipping cost wherever applicable, gift wrapping, customized items and other customization services costs. Our customer service team will keep you updated throughout the entire process.
You can check additionally the status of your return and refund using the tracking number provided by our carrier on your return note or by logging on to your account with Galeries Lafayette Doha’s website.
For items that have been returned through “drop off” the refund will be processed the same day after the returned product is checked and approved by the customer service department.
Please take into consideration that for items that have been returned from abroad, the process may take longer and the refund procedure will start only after the item has been received in our warehouse, checked and approved by our customer service department. For further information, you can call directly our Customer Service department.
Our main objective is to deliver high quality items in great condition and exceed your expectations. If by any chance you receive an item with a factory defect or damaged during the delivery, you must inform our customer service team on the same day this item has been delivered to you. We will arrange the return and process a full refund for such items.
For cash on delivery (COD) purchases the refund for such damaged items can be only processed in our Galeries Lafayette Doha store.
We offer all our customers some options for customization of their products such as monogramming and alterations wherever applicable. Due to the nature of such services we will not be able to accept returns of those products unless they have been delivered to you damaged or faulty.
We may decide to offer online some of our timeless items at a discount price that we call Galleries Lafayette Doha Vintage. Such items undergo extensive inspection for their condition prior the item is being sold in our online store. Such item returns, due to their great condition, fall under the same “Return & Refund” policies as every other item in our online store.